Robert Bell's Wines of Canada

Bent Ridge Winery & Brewery

4499 Highway 14, Windsor Forks, Avon Valley, NS


Nova Scotia's newest destination winery! Open all year form 11am to 7 pm. The winery is owned by brother Steven and Glenn Dodge. Built on the same family farm that has been part of many of their exploits, the winery, brewery and cucina is the most recent adventure of the Bros. Dodge. 

The construction began in July of 2017with the winery opening in the summer of 2018. The vineyards planted in 2009. When we decided to start a vineyard in 2009 we experimented with a few grape varietals and quickly discovered how perfect Marquette grapes were for the Avon Valley and Nova Scotia terrior.   ​Bent Ridge was the first vineyard to grow Marquette grapes and remains the largest dedicated grower of Marquette grapes in Atlantic Canada.  

 

They feature a very nice patio with of course wood burning pizza oven.

Their signature red wine is Appassimento Marquette. Marquette grapes are handpicked and gently placed in drying baskets for two to four weeks as they shrivel.  This method allows the sugar content, ripe flavour and body of the grape to concentrate, resulting in a full-bodied, dry wine that finishes at a 14.8% alcohol level.  This opaque, saturated dark wine is made in small and limited quantities.

Contorto Marquette. is full-bodied and complex with notes of cherry, blackberry and oak.  About 40% of the wine has been aged for 18 months with the other 60% aged for 10 months.  It is subsequently blended together, allowing for a bold and fruity wine, inky in colour with a brilliant ruby red around the rim.

Piegato Rosé, Rosé Marquette is a blend of Marquette, and Vidal grapes


Slightly Bent - Vidal – 44%,  l’Acadie Blanc – 35%, Riesling – 21%

Thomas Laszlo joined the Bent Ridge team in 2017 as our trusted consultant.  

At this time the winery has not responded to our e-mail

Home | About | Sitemap | Support | Contact Us | ©2018 Robert A Bell



?